Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking to engage a competent Accountant, who will play an active role in ensuring the timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of financial reporting processes.
- This includes preparing monthly management accounts, maintaining general ledgers, supporting month-end/year-end close procedures, and assisting with audit activities.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for subsidiary entities and support group consolidation.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with corresponding subsidiary entities across the group.
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries on the accounting system.
- Support the timely completion of the company’s month-end and year-end close process.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset register and prepare monthly fixed asset summary schedule.
- Post and reconcile inventory transactions and prepare monthly inventory schedule.
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure all fixed asset and inventory records are complete and accurate.
- Manage insurance on inventory and fixed assets including claims process.
- Support all audit activities including annual statutory audit and tax audit.
- Prepare detailed financial reports for the Management team.
- Review and recommend improvements to accounting systems for optimal efficiency.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines – Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics etc.
- Chartered accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of IFRS requirements and accounting principles.
- Proven experience with preparing financial statements and supporting month-end/year-end close process.
- English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
- Passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Highly inquisitive mindset with an aptitude for numbers.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience with accounting systems e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.