Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ACS Principal Systems Engineer, Cloud Platform
Reference No.: 2200097J
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
- This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
- A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
- As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues.
- Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management.
- Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex,
- Both a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8 years related experience prior to taking this position.
- In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
- Involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing
- A demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The below technical Skills are required:
- Oracle Cloud IaaS: VCN, ADs, Instance, Storage, IAM, LB, Database, and DNS
- Oracle Engineered Systems, SuperCluster, Exadata, PCA, ZFS Storage and Backup Appliances, InfiniBand Switches, Ops center, OVM, Enterprise Manager, ZDLRA
- Oracle Sun Solaris OS, Network and Cluster Administration, Solaris 8, 9, 10, 11
- Oracle Sun Hardware V/T/M-Series SPARC and x86 design, implementation, support
- OVM, Xen, PDoms, LDoms, zones, SVM, UFS, ZFS, NFS, Flash Archive, Jump start, AI Installer
- Oracle Database, Gird Infrastructure and RAC.
- Selected Candidate would have a role to support sales/pre-sales in building LoEs and getting into clarifications sessions besides conduct trainings.
- Database Skills are preferred.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).