General Electric – GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Aero Product Service Engineer – Sub Saharan Africa
Job No: R3654025
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Category: Engineering / Technology
Job Description Summary
- All activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines/products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters. Includes hourly, nonexempt and exempt employees as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities.
- Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution.
- The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures.
- Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of installed Aeroderivative base including activities such as customer issue resolution, fleet issues, service bulletin implementation, Monitoring & Diagnostics, fleet configuration. Maintenance of fleet data, outage management.
- Capability to oversee Installation & Commissioning activities
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Candidates mechanical, electrical or controls skills will be all evaluated for this job. Refer to desired characteristics for further description
- Candidate should be located in Sub Saharan Africa.
- This role requires advanced experience in the Engineering/Technology & Fleet Management.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Knowledge of GE LM technology (LM2500, LM6000 & LMS100)
- Prior experience with GE or other packager packaged LM’s
- It is desirable to have knowledge of control systems such as Woodward, GE MKVie and others used in Aeroderivative technology
- Generator and its protection and control systems knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of DLE system will be considered an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- #LI-Remote – This is a remote position.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online