Allegis is hiring work from home Freelance Transcriptionists to perform transcription services for their various clients. These clients are predominantly in the insurance and legal industries and have a large presence in the United States and therefore, Allegis regularly promotes steady workflow for their contracts.
As a Freelance Transcriptionist, your role would be transcribing recorded audio files in a flexible, team oriented training environment. Freelancers are in control of their own schedule which means they have the option to choose how often and what projects they choose to work on. Allegis is also a feasible option for entry-level transcribers to gain additional experience.
- Must live and reside in the United States.
- Windows-OS computer and internet connection. Must allow the Allegis software to be downloaded on computer.
- Ability to type comfortably for extended periods of time.
- Have a good level of hearing for various levels of audio files.
- Have access to a foot pedal and headset.
- Must have access to current anti-virus software.
- Willingness to participate in program coaching and additional onboard training.
In this role, and through entry level screening and training, transcriptionists are assigned a level and from that point, attention is focussed on moving that transcriber through appropriate guidance to their next level status. All levels are given access to work based on their current track and ability. All transcribers will aspire to maintain:
- Accurate typing and word processing speed
- Attention to providing excellent grammar and spelling
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Managing established deadlines
On average, a transcriptionist in this setting, can make anywhere from $13-$15/hr. Allegis Transcription will vary depending on the project, experience of the transcriber, the turnaround time, and will have a slightly more open range of up to $25/hr.
How To Apply: To proceed to the application process, click this link to be taken to the Allegis application page.