Line of Service
Advisory – Other
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Application Specialist (Associate or Senior Associate), you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will be responsible for delivering business-to-business application support to PwC clients. Additionally, you will be required to collaborate with internal teams such as Database Administrators, Infrastructure, Clouds Ops to successfully drive incidents to closure.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Combine excellent technical and functional problem-solving skills to deliver top notch client-focused support;
- Provide support to business users and make sure that the SLAs are met;
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise;
- Achieve delivery of core and customized solutions in accordance with agreed schedules, procedures and standards;
- Record time accurately and track all related activities;
- Escalate to Team Lead and/or Lead Engineer if needed, on risks/issues identified which impact project delivery schedules;
- Take ownership and follow up on projects assigned;
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Work efficiently and effectively on support tasks;
- Be self-driven to ensure responsiveness and resolution time targets are met;
- Analyse and prioritise incidents or change requests so that all processes are followed
- Ensure the completeness of all documentation and log;
- Understand support framework;
- Share and collaborate effectively with others;
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly;
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures;
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials produced;
- Build and maintain an internal and external network;
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms;
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct;
- Seek and respond to development feedback;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Diploma or Degree holder in IT
- Preferably 1-2 years’ experience in software development, testing or support environment. Applicants with no prior experience will also be considered.
- Proficient in SQL, SQL Server, XML/XSL
- Knowledge of process methodology
- Knowledge of software development concepts and lifecycles
We are inviting you to be part of The New Equation.
The New Equation is a future that is human-led and tech-powered. For us, people and technology work hand in hand. It’s about how human ingenuity combines with technology innovation and experience to deliver faster, more intelligent and better outcomes while building trust across the value chain.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 40%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
August 31, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online