United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Branch Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking to hire Branch Managers with a minimum of 10 years Relationship Manager experience in all our branches across in Nigeria.
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships towards the growth revenue of the bank, plan and deliver an effective marketing strategy and monitor the progress of new and existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare annual marketing plans and strategies for liability generation to enable Profit Centre Manager/Relationship Officers to achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Develop and obtain approval for annual marketing plans and strategies for designated product ranges to enable achievement of targeted growth and profit objectives.
- Monitor and control business office income and expenditure to ensure profitability.
- Recommend the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability.
- Visit business customers and attending meetings.
- Contribute to the effective launching of new products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Facilitate establish and maintain effective relationships with new and existing customers.
- Evaluate market research and competitor analyses to formulate marketing plans and strategies.
- Assume overall accountability for branch expenditure on products and services such as the administration of consumer lending, current account transactions, overdrafts, credit cards and personal loans
- Monitor and assign targets to Profit Centre Managers/Relationship Officers to ensure effective focus on target achievement.
- Maintain and acquire customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Provide strategic direction and operational support to employees.
- Define and implement the delivery of marketing strategies and targets.
- Coach and motivate employees to effectively execute their day-to-day tasks to meet corporate targets and delivery objectives.
- Effectively communicate to employees the corporate policies, objectives and targets of the bank
- First Degree in any Social Sciences related discipline.
- Master’s Degree or professional certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs.
- IT and Computer appreciation.
- Communications skills (written and oral).
- Selling and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of business environment.
- Attention to details.
- Supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Business development and acquisition.
- Relationship management.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online