Bauhaus Group is a full house of multidisciplinary professionals offering creative, innovative and comprehensive services in all facets of Real Estate Development, Project Development, Development Finance and General Development Consultancy. Incorporated as a Private Limited Liability company in August 1986, Bauhaus is a wholly owned Nigerian company with offices in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri, and New Jersey, USA.
We intend to achieve rapid growth and portfolio diversification and are searching for a capable candidate that will lead this objective in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO) / Head of Business Development (HBD)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for designing and implementing policies to promote and achieve company culture and vision and oversee operations to keep businesses on track.
- This includes securing the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth and maintaining control of diverse business operations of the company and the work of all executives and staff.
The Responsibilities of the COO position
- Ensure the growth and diversification of the company through the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, and cash flow
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internally and externally.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company to the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in sourcing and fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Drive marketing, construction and finance projects, processes and advances
- Design and achieve marketing and sales goals and expectations
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team
- Source, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place
- Represent the firm by managing relationships with clients, investors, and business partners
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- B.Sc / BA in Real Estate, Architecture, Business Administration, or other relevant fields
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields (MSc/MBA is a plus)
- 8+ years in COO/General Manager role in commercial real estate.
- Experience working with investors (Investors from a REIT is a plus)
- Significant Real Estate exposure
- Experience with achieving sales goals.
The Ideal Candidate Must:
- Be an expert in the Nigerian Real estate and construction industry and the relevant laws that govern it
- Possess strong project management skills including meeting project deadlines.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal skills. Must have experience in drafting proposals.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, can build and maintain relationships
- Have strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Be initiative and resourceful: can take charge and make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Be ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Be resilient especially in the face of adversity
- Be detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Be competent in strategic planning and business development
- Possess marketing and sales skills and ability to sell real estate properties
- Be a creative problem solver and great decision maker
- Be great at analyzing and interpreting data.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV summarizing qualifications for this posting and why they believe they deserve this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.