International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Doctor
CFCV No.: CFCV2022/75
Location: Gombe (Mallam Sidi – Gombe) with travels
IOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 8 months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) programme.
- The Consultant’s role will be to support the provision of clinical, administrative, and project management support for health assessments and treatment of former associates assisted by the IOM Reintegration and Reconciliation (RR) programme.
- The project aims to strengthen the capacity of the Federal Government of Nigeria- GoN to effectively implement rehabilitation programming as well as prepare host communities for sustainable community-based reintegration processes, with an improved Lake Chad Basin (LCB) countries regional coordination.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The tasks listed below will be subject to ongoing review, and where necessary, adjusted in consultations between the incumbent and IOM:
- Assist to coordinate and manage all the health activities of the ICRS Department. This includes but is not limited to logistic preparation for medical screening, handling, and safekeeping of individual medical files, collection of biodata and medical history, physical examination, ensuring identity checks of the applicants, and confidentiality of information throughout the screening process in rehabilitation and transit centres in Gombe and Maiduguri.
- Supervise clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure all health activities are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Assist to ensure proper identification and coding of serious medical conditions and refer for treatment as appropriate, maintain strict client confidentiality, liaise with various health service providers to facilitate handling of such cases, and coordinate the procedures and supervision of treatment.
Monitoring and Administering Medication:
- Diagnose and recommend treatment to all clients visiting the Clinic at transit centres daily
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting health education and training of team members.
- Conduct a baseline assessment on the quality of the healthcare provided in clinic at the Gombe Centre and processes for determining and treating serious and chronic illnesses.
- Design an improvement plan and a regular monitoring tool that will allow IOM to inform results both to the Government and IOM donors.
Provide Support for Coordination:
- Coordinate with the health experts and the doctor for the development of relevant health-related tools, including plans and protocols for medical management, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), the establishment of a medical committee, Health Management Information System (HMIS), and training for staff.
- Any other responsibilities and requests in coordination with the IOM DDRR Programme Manager and the DDRR Project Manager.
- Satisfactory completion of tasks indicated in the TOR.
- Quality of the tools developed.
- Quality of the protocols developed.
- Quality of monthly reports.
- Quality of services provided to beneficiaries.
- Initiative and problem solving during the tool development process.
- Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
- On the second month of assignment workplan for the implementation of activities highlighted in point 10 of the task’s description.
- Monthly activity reports delivered to DDRR Programme Manager and DDRR Project Manager, previous agreement on reporting template and content.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from an accredited academic Institution.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- More than two years of continuous clinical experience in busy public or private hospitals.
- Training/experience in Mental Health, Internal Medicine, or Infectious Diseases is an advantage.
- Experience in administration/management an advantage.
- Knowledge and clinical skills in BLS & ACLS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in administration/management an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied for on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter of not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2022/75 Gombe State, (Mallam Sidi – Gombe) with travels. Consultant (Doctor).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank account.