Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head of Finance
Job Reference: Obajana-006
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
> Latest Jobs In Nigerian
- Oversee the plant’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
- Ensure accuracy of the plant’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the plant.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the plant are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports at the Plant to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
- Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of the plant’s financial report with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure effective utilisation of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Ensure that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s budget and approve departmental in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Head of Finance on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience.
- Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online