PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a company domiciled in Nigeria and engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager, Internal Audit
Location: Warri, Delta
Management Type: Mid-level
Reporting to: CFO; Manager, Internal Audit
- We are looking for a Deputy Manager, Internal Audit who will define and manage risk, financial controls, and policies to protect and safeguard the Company and its assets.
- The purpose of this role is to define and manage risk, financial controls and policies to protect the Company from fraud and mitigate risk to an acceptable level, to reduce the impact of these on the Company’s reputation and operations.
- This role reports to the CFO initially, then to the Manager, Internal Audit and has three direct reports and three indirect reports
The key account s of the role are outed below. However, this is an Overview of the role and is not exhaustive. The client reserves the right to assign other duties commensurate with the role as required:
- Attend the weekly management meetings as an independent Observer and adviser
- Participate in the creation of Annual Audit Plan
- Assist in championing internal controls and corporate governance processes
- Verity goods recept through attestations and verify with Purchase Orders, and other documents
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures as enshrined in the client’s documents
- Coordinate loss prevention strategies and techniques.
- Communicate memos to advise on process improvements across various departments
- Vouch vendor indices to ensure compliance with executed contract documents
- Participate in ensuring that due processes are followed in the award of contracts is vendors
- Coordinate with the Finance function to ensure swift and proper clearance of account payables Continuously assess risks to develop work plans for mitigation of such risks
- Ensure the principles of integrity objectivity, confidentiality, and competency replied and upheld
- Perform other tasks assigned by Management
- Qualified Accountant or certified Internal Auditor who is in a similar senior role in their current organisation
- Experience leading an internal audit team
- Experience of similar business environment
- Oil and gas commercial sector experience is essential joint venture operations experience is advantageous.
Skills / Experience required for the Role:
- Proven experience leading an audit team
- Experience in developing and implementing internal audit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Nigerian oil and gas industry and how it operates
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.