The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria | Job Vacancies | Employment | Career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref No: NRS2022-011
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2, 3-year renewable contract)
Also Apply: Ecobank Recruitment | Job Vacancies
- Carry out driving duties as instructed by the supervisor
- Drive vehicles within and outside Ibadan to transport materials and supplies including out of hours, weekends and or public holidays as required.
- Record all vehicle logbooks.
- Reports potential mechanical faults on vehicles as soon as they are discovered.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance checks and ensure that all vehicles are fueled daily.
- Liaise with FMS workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and goods and assist in imprest purchases.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’ Level with valid professional driver’s license (Class E) with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
Also Apply: FMARD Recruitment | Job Vacancies
The ideal candidate must:
- Have sound mind, high integrity, good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Have ability to adhere to instruction, calm and ready to work, non-egocentric attitude and effective time management skill.
- Ability to manage pressure, prior knowledge of material handling tool and knowledge of material handling tools and basic supply chain duties.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacte