The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria | Job Vacancies | Employment | Career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver / Field Assistant
Ref No: STS2022-012
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Drive IITA Vehicles within and outside Abuja.
- Convey scientist to field trips within Abuja and other states.
- Ensure all project vehicles are well maintained and clean.
- Participate in carrying out field operations on seed yam production.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- O’ level with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar role in a well structured environment with a valid driver’s license.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading and speaking)
- Have ability to work with minimum supervision and be able to supervise.
- Have good driving skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format before the deadline.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacte