United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Digital Lending
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- We are currently seeking a Head of Digital Lending. The candidate for this position must have a thorough knowledge of Individual / Personal / Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Responsible for delivering the strategic agenda for Digital Lending through balance sheet growth, customer acquisition, customer retention, and profit & loss targets to support the achievement of overall business strategy in a cost-effective and high return manner.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Digital Lending strategy in line with the overall Consumer Lending Strategy.
- To ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Implements Bank-wide go-to-market strategy for new initiatives, working with all relevant departments/stakeholders to drive execution.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for Consumer Lending segments through the development and maintenance of quality products, propositions, and solutions pertinent to its business
- Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the Consumer Lending business.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the Consumer Lending business by developing a pipeline of value-adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- Manage an effective customer loyalty program for networking and deepening the UBA Individual/Personal Banking market penetration.
- Ensure strong cross-selling of existing and new products to existing and new customers; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant stakeholders in the Bank.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless, and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Coordinates the development and deployment of value propositions, product offerings, target segment strategy, and business plan for the Consumer Lending business
- Has oversight and ownership of end-to-end processes to ensure execution of onboarding for customers and fulfillment of products
- through engagement with relevant stakeholders involved in executing the standard process to ensure delivery of a seamless customer value proposition.
- Responsible for Portfolio health on relevant products – track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and take necessary actions to ensure product integrity is maintained.
- Develops and monitors specific sales & marketing campaigns together with relevant stakeholders to leverage market opportunities that generate new sales/volumes and increase market share.
- Accountable for all relevant segment/product metrics as applicable within the Bank’s policy where applicable (e.g. risk limits, delinquency, compliance requirements, etc.)
- Monitors sales impact & profitability of marketing expenditures – both on BAU and special campaigns.
- Optimize fees and charges to create value for clients in line with Treat client’s fairly principles
- Market Research & Support Function
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues; etc) to ensure opportunities are realized and risks mitigated.
- Ensure adequate support programs (like pieces of training, lead generation, etc) to enhance product knowledge to the Sales team and branch staff.
- Ensure robust communication on the pertinent segment/product performance, market/regulator changes, and relevant customer insights.
- Identify and engage low/non-performing locations/countries periodically.
- Ensure all issues raised from the business offices are adequately treated and/or escalated to appropriate units where necessary.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Maintaining the quality of the Consumer Lending portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing Consumer Lending team.
- Coordinates activities of Product and Segment Managers to ensure identified Area opportunities are tapped.
- Drives successful execution and monitoring of marketing campaigns.
- Routinely attends Area/Directorate planning/business review meetings.
- Analyses escalated area sales challenges, proffers alternative solutions, and implements recommendations that ensure achievement of segment/product performance targets
- Coordinates regular reporting to Head, Consumer Lending, and Executive Management on Segment/Product performance.
- Liaises with Performance Monitoring to extract relevant product-related performance data for budgeting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Assists Head, Consumer Lending (in consultation with HCM) to implement effective succession planning, people management and execute recruitment strategies for the group.
- Ensure that new/redeployed product managers are provided with the support required to work – ID cards, computers, phones, etc.
- Ensure regular performance management is executed for all staff within the Consumer Lending team.
- Ensures adequate training of product & segment managers as well as product executives in partnership with UBA Academy
- Coordinates the required engagement with Risk Management and Compliance unit to monitor and ensure product offerings are compliant with the bank’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensures delinquency management on all products in liaison with retail risk management (where applicable).
- First Degree in any related field.
- Masters and/or other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualifications would be an added benefit.
- Minimum of 8 years of general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Retail/Consumer/Individual Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Must have hands-on experience in Credit Analysis & Administration, Sales, Relationship Management, Customer Service, and commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at the managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- Working extended hours is an inherent nature of the job.
- Willing to travel extensively – locally/internationally.
- Excellent product and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high-performance management.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communication, planning, organization, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry and Remittance industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online