Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, one of the top ten (10) leading National Supermarket Chains in Nigeria, with diversified Consumer Goods, Retail, Quick Service Restaurants, Entertainment and Manufacturing, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of General Services
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Head of General Services will be responsible for building a world-class service unit that provides timely, quality, and cost-effective support to the organization.
- Services covered include facility management, equipment repair, procurement, and construction.
Facility and Equipment Management:
- Monitor and manage the major assets within the workplace to ensure maximum return on investment. Define and oversee cadence of inspection and preventative care for company equipment.
- Oversee renovation projects to improve efficiency or to meet regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Assist to manage transportation and other logistics processes
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes – increasing turnaround time, first time right and reducing cost
Procurement and Vendor Management Services:
- Define an overall vendor management process that allows for flexibility and control of both vendor registration and deployment.
- Facilitate registration of reliable, cost-effective vendors across all service areas to bring competition and effectiveness to service delivery.
- Oversee cost-effective procurement of consumables and office supplies and their effective distribution across the consumer base.
Construction and new store development:
- Oversee new construction efforts to develop cost estimates, manage construction process, and collaborate with all stakeholders (project managers, Quantity Surveyors, contractors etc.). Mentor a set of project managers to effectively deliver on individual projects.
- Build a system for location search, facilitating engagement of network of agents to source properties and screening them using our internal screening criteria.
- Oversee new store opening team responsible for setup of all aspects of a new store: internal fit-out, equipment purchase, staff training and merchandising. Help team members resolve cross-functional roadblocks to lead to on-time and effective store openings.
- Development of business plans and operational plans annually tied to the Organization’s strategic plan and the annual budget.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and purchasing of new materials with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Ensure that projects/ development/ milestones/ goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Carry out oversight functions on all departments to ensure 100% achievement of corporate plans and goals
- Define strategy and ensure execution of key inter-company priorities
- Develop strategies to improve overall quality and productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction or Architecture preferred.
- 10 years of experience in facility management, administration or construction including 5 years in a supervisory/ managerial capacity, required
- At least 3 years leading general services team at a well-structured multi-location consumer business (e.g., banking, QSR)
- Experience negotiating and forming strategic partnerships; vendor relationships and regulatory bodies preferred.
- Deep expertise in facility management; procurement services and equipment repair
- Background in construction or extensive remodeling projects.
- Good understanding of best-practice strategies suitable for administrative duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents (inclusive of credentials) by clicking on the link above.
- Please ensure your CV has information about your skills, qualifications, and experience.