US Embassy – The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria | Job Vacancies | Employment | Career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investigative Assistant – U.S Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-093
Series/Grade: FP – 0705 7
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Secret / Confidential Clearance
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years).
Also Apply: Renmoney Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required to support investigative and capacity building initiatives.
- The Investigative Assistant (IA) assists in an array of sensitive and complex criminal investigations related to document fraud, human smuggling, trafficking in persons, and other criminal issues as directed by the Assistant Regional Security Officer- Investigator (ARS0-1).
- The job holder provides investigative, analytical, and administrative support in the operation of the Diplomatic Security (DS) Overseas Criminal Investigations(OCI) program at post.
- The job holder updates the ongoing investigations database in Department of State (DOS) computer systems, and controls access of sensitive information. The incumbent must be able to obtain a Secret (S) security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two years of general College or University study is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of administrative, journalism, education, business, logistics, investigative analysis, legal, law enforcement, emergency response, analytical or research-related field is required.
Also Apply: General Electric Recruitment, GE Job Vacancies
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- English Fluent Reading / Writing / Speaking is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 38,894 Annually.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- GlaxoSmithKline GSK Recruitment, Job Vacancies
- Egbin Power Plc Recruitment, Jobs Vacancies
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree with transcript.
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.