The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Help Desk Officer (Freelancer)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- CAF is looking to recruit an IT Help Desk (Freelancer) to assist employees with any issues involving their computer hardware, communications software, or computer applications.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Creating, analyzing, reporting, converting, or transferring data, using specialized applications program software.
- Providing solutions and advice on technical issues.
- Creating, or transferring data, using specialized applications program software.
- Responding to emails and calls on technical issues.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Providing technical support across the organization.
- Documenting and analyzing technical issues.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Testing new technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years experience in the IT field.
- Fluent in English and French language both written and spoken is a must; command of any of the other languages is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, and integrity with high level of proactivity.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Manage working under pressure.
- A solid understanding of data privacy and information security principles.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based in CAF Headquarters – Cairo, Egypt. Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English or French (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.