Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
- Responsible for the design, organization and support of computer systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To upgrade and manage the IT hardware and handle any issues related to Local Area network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and network segments
- Install new / Rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of operating systems, laptops and desktop
- Operating the firewall for the organization
- Setting up new users and giving them access to the intranet
- Monitoring the local area network (LAN) for threats or errors.
- Ensure mail servers are functioning properly, plan networks, oversee installations, maintain and upgrade software.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Setup accounts for new users.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks
- Monitoring systems performance and troubleshooting issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by IT Infrastructure Team Lead.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or any related field.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years cognate experience.
- A postgraduate degree or certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server etc. will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users
- Time management skills
- Good knowledge of databases, network, upgrading hardware and software, designing networks etc
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Ability to program scripts to run internal functions and have sufficient Unix knowledge
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
Application Closing Date
Friday, 2nd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.