Applications are currently invited from interested and eligible candidates for KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme for African Students. This program is specifically available for African students currently enrolling or about to enrol in a full-time degree program.
The first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is honored by the name of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), a political organization in Germany. KAS has operations all around the world with the goal of advancing democracy via political education and training.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS)
Host Institution(s): WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
By taking part in this application procedure, you consent to contact from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) and the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) regarding upcoming events and other things.
The scholarship program is offered at any of the following Universities in South Africa:
- Stellenbosch University
To be eligible for KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme for African Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must Master students or seeking to enrol for Master degree program
- Applicants must enrol in a full-time program
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree program
- Applicants must be fluent in English Language.
- Applicants may be required to show proof that they are enrolled, or have been accepted to a Master’s programme, commencing in 2022 at the following institutions: Wits, UCT, or Stellenbosch University.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for KAS-SAIIA Scholarship Programme, applicants to begin, should please fill in your contact details online. After pressing submit, an e-mail will be sent to you with more information about the application process.
After applying, you are expecting to:
- Upload a letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- Upload your full CV and include at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Upload your full academic record.
- Upload two written samples of your own writing.
- Upload a two page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship programme and why you should be considered as an applicant.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022