Kwara State Polytechnic (KWARAPOLY) students’ union elections guidelines and timetable for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The management of Kwara State Polytechnic has released the timetable and guidelines for the conduct of the 2022/2023 Students’ Union elections.
Kwara Poly Students’ Union Elections Guidelines
Candidates are expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- ALL Elections will be Electronic Voting (Smart Voting System). Android Phones and Internet Gadgets can be used for the exercise.
- Only the 2021/2022 Academic Session duly registered students are eligible to vote and be voted for.
- Aspirants for the President and the Speaker post must possess CGPA of at least 3.00 in the last sessional examination result and should be of intermediate or advanced level in English Language proficiency. In contrast, other posts attract a CGPA of 2.75 minimum.
- All Aspirants must present themselves to the screening committee decided by the Directorate of Students in consultation with the Polytechnic Management.
- For the National Association of Kwara State Students (NAKKS) Election, aspirants and voters MUST BE OF KWARA STATE ORIGIN
- The zoning for 2022/2023
- WELFARE 1
- SPORT II
- WELFARE II
- SOCIAL 1
- FIN SEC
- GEN SEC
- SOCIAL II
NOTE: One Elective post should be reserved for the ND Student.
- Printed copies of the submitted online NOMINATION FORMS FOR ELECTIVE OFFICES MUST be submitted to the Office of the Directorate of students’ Services on the approved date as stated in the Election Time Table, duly signed by the Institute Director/ HOD with current CPGA
- Aspirants must be found worthy both in character and in learning.
- In the event of detection of false declaration, such candidate shall be sanctioned accordingly.
NOTE: Attached are;
- The Proposed Time Table for the Election.
- Nomination Form/ Guarantor Form.
- Officers of the Executives of Departmental, Institutes and NAKKS shall be according to their respective Constitutions.
- SECURITY FORM
Kwara Poly Students’ Union Elections Timetable
01 July – 4th July 2022
- -Downloading and Registration of SUG Nomination Forms on line
- -Submission of Nomination Form online and a hard copy to DSS by all contestants
5th July 2022
- Confirmation of CGPA of ALL Aspirants by DSS.
6th July 2022
- Screening of SUG Contestants
7th July-8th July
- -Screening of NAKSS Contestants
- -Pasting of Screening Result of SUG
8th July – 15th July 2022
- Silent Campaign (Distribution of Hand Bills Only)
- Specifically, online campaign is recommended
- -Election (Between 9:00am-3:00pm)
- -Results of ALL Election SUG & NAKKS
- -Submission of duly signed Election Result to the Rector
While we present this for your kind approval, we wish to state that the financial requirements upon conclusion will be forwarded soon.
Note: Only Duly Registered Students are eligible to vote and be voted for in ALL ELECTIONS.