United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- The Learning Manager is responsible for executing enterprise-wide learning initiatives across their designated region/directorates, coordinating efforts with HRBPs and business leadership.
- He/She also collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to identify learning needs within the specialized schools, determine strategies, and execute learning solutions that meet those needs.
- Designs and develops training solutions based on analysis of learning objectives, audience, content complexity, and applicable modality(ies).
- Continually drives their own professional development, maintaining knowledge of best practices and new trends in the Learning & Development industry, and sharing that knowledge with the UBA Academy team, faculty, and other stakeholders.
- Recommends learning activities for staff based on career aspirations and identified development needs.
- Creates and assists in skill evaluation and assessments of capabilities as needed.
- Partners with business leadership across specialized schools and faculties to identify and analyze training needs and create an execution plan for addressing identified needs.
- Evaluates learning materials developed for the business to ensure the appropriate learning objectives and needs are met by the content and delivery modality.
- Coordinates implementation of training with business leadership, SMEs, and team members.
- Facilitates training programs to include, but are not limited to, train-the-trainer programs, staff development programs, and function-specific training.
- Conducts, monitors, and evaluates training programs, providing recommendations for improvements.
- Organizes and prepares metrics, reports, and dashboards for the impact of learning activities.
- Acts as a local resource for monitoring and tracking programs, using the business intelligence platforms as a single source of learner records.
- Assists in identifying performance measures and evaluation criteria for training programs.
- Ensures training is updated based upon changes to the business, standard operating procedures, and new or upgraded tools, processes, and equipment.
- Support Group-wide Learning Transformation initiatives and projects.
- First Degree in any relevant field.
- Additional qualification (M.Sc./MBA) is an added advantage.
- Accreditation as a ‘Certified Trainer’.
- Member of an HR Professional body e.g. CIPM, SHRM, CIPD.
- At least seven (7) years of cognate experience spanning across end-to-end training delivery, design, and execution.
- Practical experience in Instructional design & development
- The candidate for this position must have good knowledge and usage of digital and learning management platforms, relationship management, planning, and organizational skills, and good facilitation skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Business needs identification.
- Use of Digital and Virtual Learning Management platforms.
- Digital Savvy & Leadership.
- Relationship Management.
- Project planning & control.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently, and accurately.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Models.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Instructional Design (ADDIE Model or similar).
- Time management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Networking skills, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi-task.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online