Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Local Content Specialist, Oilfield Equipment
Reference ID: R59216
Location: Bishop Aboyade Cole Street No. 927/928 M, Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
- Do you enjoy interacting and collaborating with stakeholders? Join our Team!
Partner With the Best
- As a Local Content Specialist, you will responsible for tactical day to day local content delivery for Baker Hughes – Pressure Control System Nigeria, during all phases of the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR), project cycle, specifically during tendering/contract negotiation phases as well the execution and delivery.
As a Local Content Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing Local Content plans during tendering/project initiation phase, liaising with internal stakeholders as well as other PCSNL businesses.
- Working with diverse internal stakeholders to pull together Local Content performance reports for all active contracts for onward transmission to Regulators.
- Participating in tender clarification meetings with customers to ensure compliance to Local Content laws and PCSNL business objectives
- Providing support in establishing more Internal NC visibility / communications among relevant teams.
- Working with project and communication team to ensure adequate visibility is created for all local content milestones.
- Tracking and measuring success of local content plans and Nigerian Content Compliance Certificate -NCCC over time.
- Monitoring and reporting to customers and regulators. Monthly report out to internal customers (OTR team) for necessary alignment and gap closure.
- Staying abreast and updated on trends within the oil and gas industry focused on the development of local content policies
- Coordinating local content execution plans with channel partners during the tendering process.
- Supporting preparation of matrix capturing local content performance across OFE & TPS businesses and Contracts – utilize findings to drive local content awareness internal.
- Ensuring biometrics capture of all expatriates in-country
- Being actively involved in efforts towards participation in NCD forums, seminars, exhibitions and summits as may be directed by the business and line manager. Report action items from such events and drive compliance as appropriate.
- Monitoring and ensuring Nigerian Content Equipment Certificates are up to date and participate in NCEC renewal process.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a related field
- Have good knowledge or an understanding of the Oil & Gas or energy industry
- Have an In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act
– NOGICD Act
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with teams, customers and stakeholders
- Have a background knowledge on Commercial / sales.
- Have good report writing / data base management skills
- Be able to adapt and flex priorities quickly in a ever-changing environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion.
Work in a Way that Works for You
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers and have annual targets, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role.
Working With Us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- Invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working For You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs.
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online