Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Employment Type: Full time
- We are seeking to engage a competent and experienced Logistics Coordinator. The jobholder will be responsible for overseeing key aspects of a company’s supply chain, from preparation to transportation to delivery.
- An efficiently run system that maximizes profitability is a key indicator of a successful Logistics Coordinator.
- We require a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Develop and manage planning system strategies to improve signals across the supply chain.
- Manage end-to-end logistics process that capitalizes on risk mitigation opportunities and savings for the business.
- Build strong supplier/3PL network and relationship that encourages a high level of collaboration and delivery.
- Identify potential supply chain failures as part of the planning process and mitigate associated risks.
- Engage in cross-functional and cross-business unit interactions to ensure a dependable and efficient logistics management whilst mitigating mid-term supplier or customer constraints.
- Buying competitively (by keeping abreast of forces of supply and demand that regulate prices) and wisely (involve constant search for better values that yields the best combination of price, quality, and services.
- Manage the daily operational processes and eliminate potential supply chain failures as part of the daily planning process.
- Coordinate import and export processes and ensure compliances with regulatory policies to achieve JIT delivery.
- Answer inquiry on equipment and material availability, delivery times, and status of orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Analyze & interpret KPIs and operational trends to identify areas for improvement & develop corrective action plans.
- Ensure data integrity of all analytics and reports.
- Ensure accurate documentation process and record keeping in compliance to DPS retention policy.
- Evaluate 3PL’s performance through consistent monitoring of on time pick up, transit time and on time delivery measures, to ensure fulfilment according to published schedule and rated cost.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Supply Chain Management, Sciences, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in logistics operation or a similar position.
- English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for a fast-paced, high-performing start-up work environment
- Attention to detail and strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised and able to plan, think critically, pre-empt and communicate
- Manage multiple stakeholders in a dynamic environment
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Computer savvy with a knowledge of working on the logistics software (ERP) and Microsoft Office Suite – report writing and analysis
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work in high-pressure situations
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.