General Electric – GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Tax Operations MEA – French Speaking
Job No: R3655710
Category: Healthcare Finance
Job Description Summary
- You will work as part of GE Healthcare’s Tax Operations team, managing all the Tax Operations for entities established in a cluster of countries in the EMEA region, with the highest integrity and complying with tax laws.
- You’ll be required to have sound technical understanding of the EMEA tax accounting and compliance and a very good understanding of business processes, routines and procedures.
- You will work closely with other tax operations team members and the Company controllers, including peer review responsibilities and the sharing of best practices.
- The HealthCare Tax Operations Team is a component of the HealthCare Finance Hub organization.
- The team is in charge to provide Tax Operations services to the legal entities operated by GE HealthCare across EMEA countries in contact with business controllership teams and the HQ/local corporate tax teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the preparation of all tax returns (including but not limited to: CIT, WHT, VAT, Customs, other local/indirect taxes, etc.) and prepare responses to questions raised during the return review process.
- Prepare/review tax provisions and calculations, tax payments, deferred tax calculations and account reconciliation, annual return to accrual/provision analysis and evaluate deferred tax and current tax payable balances in accordance with GE procedures.
- Ensure correctness of the income tax calculations / returns by identifying potential errors, proposing, and recording corrections for portion of the Income Tax process owned by HealthCare Tax Team.
- Coordinate tax audits in line with EMEA best practices: ensuring that each stakeholder knows which actions they should perform within which deadline, maintaining a tracker that links to a space gathering information, sending reminders to the teams, organizing regular update calls, working together with external service providers to track the progress towards the tax authorities, etc.
- Ensure that all tax filings and internal and external obligations are submitted by the due dates, as well as payments and submission to local institutions. Manage the process for issuance, collection and record retention of all tax documentation where these documents are required to support current or future tax audits.
- Update tax filing and cash settlements on the OneSource or equivalent tools and manage estimates of tax cash payments.
- Support the identification, implementation and monitoring of tax controls necessary to manage potential Tax risk areas.
- Work with the GE Healthcare tax operations team and, where applicable, internal and third-party advisors, to research tax technical issues impacting the accuracy of the returns and general tax positions/profile of the companies.
- Identify areas for process, systems, and reporting improvements to efficiently and effectively meet compliance objectives. Ensure processes are in place to ensure that tax law changes are monitored and associated processes and tools for computing S2G, S2T and CIT calculations are maintained and that proposed changes to rules and databases are reviewed on an annual basis.
- Supervise and train newcomers and analysts/accountants
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economy or another business-related field or equivalent knowledge or experience; CPA/CTA or equivalent.
- Languages: Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Familiarity with current and deferred income tax, accounting and tax compliance.
- Preferred tax operations experience or relevant experience in Practice.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proactive and problem-solver attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; strong interpersonal skills; ability to build good partnership with all stakeholders in the processes.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; ability to develop professional relationship with auditors, tax advisors and cross-functional teams.
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Solid computer skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e., pivot tables, lookup functions, macros, etc.).
- Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities.
- Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.