Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Performance Manager
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide efforts to ensure that performance management and performance improvement programmes are implemented and managed using a data-driven approach that sets priorities for improvements in line with on-going strategic imperatives
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with functional leads to define key performance measurements for each function with the organization.
- Ensure alignment of the various measurements to have a coherent framework for performance management in line with corporate objectives and targets.
- Establish a performance management cycle with regular reporting and follow up on the measurements
- Coordinate collation and review of performance requirements for employees across job grades and functions to ensure alignment with job competency requirements and identified performance gaps.
- Ensure targeted communication and capacity building programmes in the performance management process to enable managers to effectively evaluate and measure individual and team performance and to optimise performance and productivity.
- Contribute to the design of performance-based recognition programmes to reward staff contributions.
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring systems for departmental performance indicators and standards, including ensuring data quality and compliance with internal and external performance measurement requirements.
- Lead, manage and monitor the design, implementation and effective use of 360-degree feedback process, including the dissemination of individual reports and coordination of development discussions between managers and their team members.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of performance training/capacity building for all levels of employees and management to drive for positive and measurable impact on the culture and performance
- Coordinate the company-wide performance management process and obtain approval to communicate key outcomes.
- Monitor the performance assessment process within Egbin Power Plc., ensuring that performance reviews and feedback from supervisors are completed in line with agreed schedule.
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Human Resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Human Resources.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) or any other relevant certification will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of key HR process areas and their linkages.
- Sound knowledge of relevant applications to support HR operations
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 2nd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.