Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
- To direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects, under the leadership of the Head Project Delivery, involving high technology equipment, engineering and services to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability.
- To assist the Head Project Delivery in providing project input, in the areas of scope definition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Linking FEED role with the field project activities
- Solving technical problems and ensuring the resolution of Technical Queries in a timely manner
- Solving missing material issues
- Anticipating issues before they occur. In particular having a strong grasp of the manpower and skill requirements and ensuring that these are available
- Coordinating project life cycle to deliver the projects on budget and schedule. It is a leadership and directing role.
- Maintain an open and effective communication channel critical stakeholders
- Attend meetings with the stakeholders, interfacing EPC’s and sub-contractors. Lead meetings and record minutes of meetings as required.
- Support the interests of Head Project Delivery at the site, in particular in relation to safety, security, cost optimization and management, and schedule control
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Safety, Security and Quality plans
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
- Provide strong leadership and coordination to ensure the project achieve its KPI’s.
- Identify and address risks and issues, escalating to Head Project Delivery as required
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues on the project, escalating to the Head Project Delivery as required.
- Provide cross-functional coordination with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Manage all expenditures on the project in accordance with Company and Project Procedures, and Delegation of Authority
- Manage time capture and approvals for all reimbursable supervision team resources
- Manage the project (company) assets (attached to the project) and maintain the associated Asset Register
- Write regular progress reports as required by Head Project Delivery.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Engineering or any other related field
- Seven (7) – Ten (10) years relevant experience in a project role in energy, industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry
- A general knowledge of scheduling, work planning, resourcing of labor, material management and work preparation across all discipline i.e. Civils, Mechanical,
- Instrument and Electrical
- Commercially experienced in the management of contracts and the management and control of change.
Skills and Competencies:
- Organized, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Team Player
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective leader and coordinator
- Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly excel and power BI
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience of working in a cross-functional project team
- Engineering and Procurement experience.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 2nd September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.