The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria | Job Vacancies | Employment | Career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Reference ID: IITA-HR-NRS2022-011
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2, 3-year renewable contract)
- Carry out sorting of true cassava botanical seeds and make ready them ready for sowing.
- Carry out the establishment of a crossing block in preparation for a new breeding season, maintenance of crossing blocks and Pre-nursery beds.
- Collect agronomic data with the use of field book and manage harvest and disposal of transgenic field trials.
- Handle transplanting of tissue culture transgenic plants.
- Maintain and harden tissue culture and SAH transgenic plants.
- Manage facility equipment, functionality and keep record of survival rates.
- Establish field trial design with the use of cassbase.org.
- Manage data management, upload to cassbase.org and keep field book files for data collection.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture, Crop Science, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have basic knowledge of seed and agronomic data collection with the use of field book.
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently when necessary.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.