PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk & Quality Associate
Job ID: 298882WD
Job type: Full-time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Management Level: Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation.
- Our Risk Management Generalist – Practice Support team focuses on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional, our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of Risk Managers, Ethics & Compliance, helping to manage risk and drive quality.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this Associate level include but are not limited to:
- Identify unmitigated or partially mitigated business risks, which can result in material financial, operational, regulatory, or reputational risks for the firm
- Collect and collate monthly data for Risk Appetite metrics and ensure adherence to the risk escalation guidelines for breach of limits.
- Track and monitor open actions related to incidents and risk issues requiring follow-up and resolution.
- Maintain all pertinent records relating to incident reporting through closure.
- Prepare risk reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) to Management and ad-hoc requests for risk data/information
- Monitor inherent risk profiles in the business and the control environments, and be innovative on risk mitigation and process improvement activities
- Carry out responsibility for assessing compliance with firm’s quality controls around client and engagement acceptance and continuance.
- Monitor/ internal control compliance with firm’s policy with respect to Information and Data Protection.
- Perform necessary controls / safeguards to mitigate risk exposures on Anti-Money Laundering subjects, Joint Business Relationship (JBR), Acceptance and Continuance checks, etcetera.
- Provide training support to staff members with navigating established risk management practices within the firm’s services.
- Perform periodic review and testing of all R&Q processes to monitor staff compliance with risk and independence requirements
Educational and Experience Requirement
- First Degree in any discipline with minimum of Second-Class Upper Division.
- Experience: At least 2 years’ work-related experience.
Required Skills and Competencies includes:
- Excellent communication Skills.
- Has strong multitasking, attention to details and organizational skills.
- Possesses the willingness to learn and embrace change and to adapt new work techniques
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suites.
- A team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
- Up to 20%
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online