Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Engineering Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Sales Engineering Manager to lead the sales engineers through the entire sales process, from system design to agreement of contractual terms, while also developing renewable energy system designs and proposals for top tier and high network clients.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Developing and maintaining best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices.
- Leading end to end client communications and negotiations.
- Reviewing renewable energy system designs and sales proposals from Senior Sales Engineers.
- Developing system designs and sales proposals for top tier and high network commercial & industrial clients, as assigned by the Head of Sales Engineering.
- Assigning clients to Sales Engineers towards the development of system designs and sales proposals.
- Preparing and submitting tender documents (specifications, Bill of Quantities, drawings, etc.) and designs as per requirements.
- Supervising and providing guidance for Sales Engineers, through the entire sales process from origin to completion, meeting all company objectives.
- Reviewing technological trends in the local and global energy sector to ensure the company remains competitive in the industry.
- Identifying potential leads and tenders for the company to participate in.
- Undergraduate Degree (B.Sc) in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate Degree (M.Sc) in Engineering or Management (Not required but preferred).
- 4 – 5 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering and managerial roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry
- Experience managing large account portfolios
- Ability to interpret electrical single line drawings.
- Preferably a professional engineer with NSE, COREN and engineering certifications.
- Proficiency in French is an added advantage.
- Proven leadership experience
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment
- Good communication skills
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent team and people management skills
- Keen attention to details
- Willingness to adapt, learn and grow with the company
- High level of integrity
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a group.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Must demonstrate proficiency in solar design software such as HOMER, PVsyst, AutoCAD and Helioscope.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Proficient computer skills, including CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.