Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Production Technologist
Job ID: R58361
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Category: Engineering / Technology
- As a Senior Production Technologist, you will be contributing to the field development planning, preparation of rig-less activities
- You will be in charge of production optimization, well integrity analysis, preparation of well completion designs, and studies on related projects.
- As a subject-matter expert you will coach and mentor other engineers and graduates within the team.
As a Senior Production Technologist, you will be responsible for:
- Performing production analysis, and optimize production under surface and reservoir constraints
- Building IPR based on well productivity, determine operating range base on tubing performance curve
- Performing nodal analysis, tubing lift calculations, tubing lift evaluation including erosional and liquid loading analysis at various production stages and operating conditions.
- Designing, analyse and optimize artificial lift systems including but not limited to gas lift, ESP, rod lift, jet pump etc. including screening of various methods and identify the appropriate technique that can yield maximum short and long term productivity.
- Designing well completion and propose alternatives if required, this includes upper and lower completions, tubing and casing size verifications, smart and intelligent completions.
- Being able to model complex reservoirs and well structures including multi-layered reservoir system, dual string completion, multilateral, horizontal wells with multistage frac, etc.
- Identifying the potential causes of corrosion and the mitigation plan.
- Performing studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas, including stimulation, production, well design, testing programs, reservoir flow properties, and fluid studies.
- Performing acid stimulation and hydraulic frac design, production forecast and risk assessment including operational complexity and economic analysis.
- Generating model inputs necessary for reservoir simulation such as VLP curves, surface or bottom hole pressure constraints, production, pressure, lift characteristics
- Evaluating output from reservoir simulation for history match, conformance of forecast constraint to field conditions
- Identifying production issues caused by near wellbore issues e.g. skin or permeability degradation, sand production, wellbore issues e.g. liquid loading, hydrates, paraffin, asphaltenes and recommend solutions to assure optimal flow.
- Conducting sand control design and identify the optimum solution including stand-alone-screen, gravel-pack, etc.
- Conducting perforation design and recommend the optimum perforation strategy and deployment options.
- Producing enhancement experience including well screening and recommend the optimum intervention operation to increase production.
- Performing routine QA/QC on all production and completion data relevant to building production models.
- Evaluating surface production facilities impact on short-term, mid-term and long-term field performance by:
- Building surface network models incorporating wells, pipelines, pumps, separators and delivery nodes
- Define forecast scenarios incorporating reservoir deliverability constraints, flow capacity, processing capacity and economic constraints.
- Perform surface network optimization under production constraints, delivery requirements, lift gas availability, injection water availability or produced liquid handling.
- Identifying bottlenecks and flow issues impacting performance
- Performing reliability and failure analysis of well and surface network under supervision to establish root cause analysis of failure and suggest mitigation techniques for future operations
- Conducting Integrated Asset Modelling including material balance (MB), wells, network modelling, and recommend the optimum operating conditions.
- Having experience in subsea wells including tie-back process, well performance, hydrate, wax and slugging risk assessment, well testing, etc.
- Conducting pressure transient analysis (PTA) and rate transient analysis (RTA) studies
- Understanding Digital Oilfield concepts as following:
- Understand configuration requirements and communication protocols necessary to acquire data from field
- Understand data flow between SCADA and production optimization platform to monitor real time production operations
- Conducting flow assurance studies including formation damage identification, causes and solutions to mitigate various types of scales.
- Performing risk assessment and economic analysis.
- Demonstrating basic awareness of additional relevant technical domains, such as: Geology, Petrophysics, Geophysics and Reservoir Engineering; and the integration of results with other technology, such as: Drilling, Logging.
- Working independently or as part of a team on assigned projects as instructed, complying with verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Providing technical guidance to junior professionals or technicians.
- Producing technical reports and presentations.
- Supporting Product Lines engineers with design of the equipment related to core business / new applications
- Evaluating new technologies, tools or techniques, and decide on suitability, assist in the presentation of proposals to management and technical and operating groups.
- Participating in project technical reviews and review proposals to ensure efficient/economic operations.
- Completing all mandatory training as assigned, including the required HSE training. Maintain an acceptable HSE record and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Baker Hughes.
- Performing various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Be familiar with PETEX and NETool software, OLGA is a plus
- Have Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access)
- Have 10+ years proven experience in production/industrial engineering; project management experience a plus
- Have Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Be detail-oriented and extremely efficient
- Have ability to maintain positive vendor and client relationships
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate ( please indicate clearly on resume).
Work in a way that works for you:
- We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working arrangements with your recruiter during the process.
Working With Us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working For You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online