Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Settlement Officer, Securities Services Operations
Job ID: 2200018123
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
Settlement & Payments:
- Direction and control of all service delivery in relation to Securities Services Settlement in the country
- To plan, direct, and control the effective and efficient
- Settlement of equities
- Registration of shares
- Custody management
- Facilitate transaction for Inward and outward payment instructions to be sent to CMO
- Assist the Client Service Manager in providing quality responses to client queries on settlement promptly
- Be cost-effective
- Optimize utilization of resources
- Broker’s Management
- Local cash processing
- To assist the settlement Manager on the day to day Settlement and Payment operations.
- Ensuring clients’ interest are fully protected and delivering value added services to clients in accordance to established procedures, regulations & laws and also Group business need.
- To ensure all broker commissions are paid timely
- Manage Broker relationships towards ensuring that all clients instructions are executed in a timely manner
- To manage service delivery in accordance with the business plan and in close liaison with sales and product partners.
- To ensure there are no messages stuck in repair queue daily
- To ensure that all required messages are sent at EOD and sign off evidence on the message control register
- Escalate all instructions that cannot be treated
- Prompt feedback to client on the status of their trade
- Daily review and download of position on CSCS
- Reporting: Keep the Manager Exchange control, Head of Securities Services Operations, CIO and UORM advised of financial and any extraordinary developments. Ensure essential returns/reports are properly completed
- Direct and review inspection/internal control reports and seek loss avoidance, with due regard to the costs and risk control procedures.
- Co-ordinate and communicate all matters relating to the development and management of security, ensure that effective business continuity plans and emergency management procedures exist, and to certify adequate protection of staff, assets and property.
- In the event of necessity investigate fraud, loss and other irregularities.
- Take measures to prevent drug money laundering, computer and communications security as per guidelines
- In conjunction with Country Compliance Officers, Head of SS operations and Chief Information Officer, Nigeria ensure, without fail, that unit is in compliance with the Bank’s rules and local laws
- To ensure the highest levels of Customer Service and proactively seek improvements to meet customer needs and requirements and where opportunities arise to exceed them.
- Manages and directs Operational Risk Management and Controls for the Custody service to ensure that the unit achieves a minimum audit rating of 2 or better.
- Ensure Timeliness, Responsiveness, accuracy and be Pro-active in handling transaction processing
- To benchmark customer service with the market (which includes all appropriate service providers in the service industry) and competitor pricing in the custody business and determine ways of achieving leadership
Fraud and Money Laundering Risk:
- To ensure awareness amongst staff, adherence and implementation of the group aml standards and country e cdd policies
- The ability to quickly assess a situation and decide on an appropriate course of action
- The ability to implement that decision in a pressurized work environment compounds the level of complexity and in terms of providing this support areas covered include policies, procedures and processes in relation to DRP/ BCP/ BIA/ KRI and KCSA
Employees and Agents:
- Support local office to ensure implementation of local HR policies, including appointment, career planning and development of staff and succession planning in the area under responsibility.
Audit and Investigations:
- Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in response to audit findings
Projects and Additional Tasks:
- Any projects or additional tasks assigned by HOSS, Nigeria
- Head of Securities Services Operations
- Head of Financial Markets Operations
- Head of Cash Management
- Head of Legal
- Service Management
- Group Product Managers
- Group Network Services Managers
- IS Project Manager
- Audit Manager
- Global Market
- Global Markets Operations – Hub
- Client Journey Line Managers
- Risk & Control
- Country Finance
- Corporate and Financial Institutions
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Local Banks and Financial Institutions
- External Auditors
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 yeasr experience in securities services operations.
- Knowledge of all SSO related applications
- Sound knowledge of risk control and reporting
- In-depth key knowledge of SSO products and local market practices.
- Sound analytical and business process knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Generally independent, but subject to limitations as per job description and restricted to group and local policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online