9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Tax & Compliance
Job ID: IRC4589
- This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the company wide Tax systems.
- Ensure effective tax compliance & planning.
- Provide timely information on tax issues to minimise company tax liability.
- Ensure statutory compliance process. Ensure the company benefits from up to date tax laws.
- File company’s monthly tax return on or before due dates.
- Respond to queries from both federal and state tax authorities within 48 hours of receiving the queries.
- Register the company with relevant Tax Authorities.
- Provide accurate periodic computation, provision and filing of withholding tax (WHT), value added tax (VAT), and company Income and Education Tax returns.
- Clarify tax matters to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Obtain the Corporate Tax Clearance Certificate (c-TCC) FROM Federal Inland Revenue Service and State tax authorities.
- Maintain effective working relationship with relevant tax authorities.
- Provide relevant support to internal & external audit team where necessary.
- Annual computation, filing and payment of capital gains Tax.
- On daily basis, support Account Payable and other units by providing advice on applicability or otherwise of WHT on transaction and the applicability or otherwise of WHT on transactions and the applicable WHT rate.
- Conduct Tax verification exercise with State Board of Internal Revenue on a yearly basis in respect of tax remittances to such states(s).
- Provide support to HR in the processing and obtaining of Tax Clearance Certificate for individual staff from State Board of Internal Revenue of their place of Residence.
- Process and collect tax receipts and credit notes from the relevant tax authorities (FIRS &State Board of Internal Revenue), for the business (EMTS Ltd) as well as for Suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Administration or any related Degrees.
- Relevantprofessional qualifications (ICAN, CITN).
- Post graduatedegree (advantage).
- Minimum of 4 years experience in relevant field, supervising company Tax activities preferably within the telecoms industry. Strong practical understanding of Taxation systemin Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online