United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Unix Server and Backup Storage Administration
Job Type: Permanent
- To oversee the management and administration of the bank’s Unix servers, storage and backup servers and ensure 24 X 7 availability and 100% uptime.
- Active team activity coordination, planning and incident resolutions.
- Review of daily backup report across all the backup domains and fix missed/failed backup scenarios.
- Administration of the backup and Restore activities across all the enterprise.
- Review and resolution of system alert from the storage and backup infrastructure.
- Co-ordinate data recovery and business continuity activities.
- Engage with OEM and business partners for technical support and maintenance.
- Executing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Attend IT strategic meetings to deliberate and proffer recommendations to the business for operational efficiencies and strategy development considerations.
- Follow up with OEMs on issue resolutions.
- Review system activities/performance reports with OEMs.
- Carry out periodic firmware updates with the OEMs and business partners.
- Manage the file system monitoring process.
- Ensure that the daily hardware infrastructure checks and reports are carried out.
- Ensure proper inventory of all the UNIX related servers are properly done.
- Carry out performance appraisal for the UNIX administration team members.
- Health Checks and Monitoring & Administration of the VPLEX virtualized infrastructure.
- Manage Business data replication across production and DR site and review replication activities/logs.
- Provide guidance and performance/infrastructure recommendations.
- Manage system updates, patch applications and upgrades in accordance with change control approval.
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server.
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers to the specific need and requirements of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
- Manage and coordinate data recovery requests upon adequate approval.
- Ensure that backup tape media are properly documented and taken to offsite.
- Researching and Implementing new technologies for better data recovery.
- Administering Enterprise Storage Systems (DS) and Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Re-distribute/optimize storage utilisations on servers.
- Storage and backup infrastructure level-2 support, troubleshooting and reporting.
- Coordinate Day-to-day operations of the enterprise local and distributed storage.
- Monitor and manage data replication to the disaster recovery centre.
- Manage the entire user request for backup, restore, archival and storage needs and provide a suitable solution to meet their needs.
- On-board servers for backup requests line with SLA.
- Provide guidance and support for Archival request.
- Conduct administrative task on the storage and backup infrastructure.
- Carry out user creation and maintenance on infrastructure.
- Provide reports for management and audit compliance.
- Compile reports in respect of capacity utilization for management decision.
- Draft memo, MEPs for procurement and follow through with the approval, implementation, and payment.
- Carryout appraisal of team members in line with policy.
- Maintain filing systems both electronic and hard copy.
- A First Degree in IT related field
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Related IT Certifications will be an added advantage
- Our ideal candidate must have extensive and strong knowledge of maintaining IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server built on Unix and AIX environments. A talented and forward-thinking individual who is solution-driven should have extensive experience troubleshooting, monitoring, and administering servers and storage applications etc., as well as ensuring 100% uptime.
- The prospective candidate must be able to support and manage projects on Unix and IBM servers as well as related applications.
- The talented, forward-thinking, solution-driven individual should be comfortable with the day-to-day administration of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS) and Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series and management activities and thrive with tight deadlines and changing needs. Banking experience will be an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures.
- Strong Unix skills, UNIX (AIX, LINUX, CENTOS) OS Platform.
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Effective Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Good Leadership skills and people management
- Windows Operating System Platform.
- Application Aware Backups.
- SharePoint, Oracle and SQL Database
- Exchange Mailbox
- VMWARE, HYPER-V, CITRIX, AZURE and AMAZON (AWS) platforms
- Converged Infrastructure.
- Storage Virtualization (IBM, VMAX, NETAPP, DellEMC Unity, VPLEX etc)
- Server Virtualization (VBLOCK, VxBlock, VxRail etc).
- Network Virtualization.
- Procedure Documentation.
- Project Management.
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good Understanding of Infrastructure Administration and Management.
- Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- SAN/NAS Administration and Management.
- STORAGE Administration and Management.
- Data Backup & Recovery Skills.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets, so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
- Proactive, Vmware, Disaster Recovery, Centos, Leadership Skill, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Azure, Vmax, Etap, Backups, Visio, Relationship Management, System Software, Sharepoint, Compliance, Virtualization, Perl, Citrix, Banking, Vault, Researching, Leadership, Linux, Excel, People Management, Communication Skill, Listening, Aix, Unix, Documentation, Supervision, Sql, Project Management, Technical Support, Oracle, Software Configuration, Work Independently
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online