United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Advanced Analytics
Employment Type: Permanent
- Identify unique business challenges and match these challenges with relevant data and resources, establish processes with growth capacity and institutionalize analytics to ensure key decision-makers have access to actionable results.
- Business Insight and Analytics.
- Building models based on what is obtained on descriptive pattern.
- Providing estimations based on data trends.
- Provide recommendations based on what happened in the past.
- Use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Use of Intelligence Algorithms to build up insightful engaging customers’ needs.
- Generating large databases from various sources of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyze data and generate statistical information to identify trends and patterns.
- Provide recommendations on how to apply analytics to extract business-critical insights, and data visualization is key.
- Develop interactive dashboards that combine visuals with real-time data.
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business for necessary insights.
- Building scalable machine learning pipelines and using feature engineering and optimization methods to improve data set performance.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Interpret and analyze data problems.
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects.
- Build analytic systems and predictive models.
- Test performance of data-driven products.
- Visualize data and create reports.
- Experiment with new models and techniques.
- Align data projects with organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Master’s Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have strong knowledge of data management, visualization techniques, statistical analysis, predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive modelling, and advanced business intelligence tools/concepts (Python, SQL/PLSQL/TSQL, Power BI, R Language, etc.)
- Also, a good understanding of cloud computing is an added advantage.
- In addition, he/she must have the ability to analyze data and make informed business insights, a team player with effective communication and organizational skills.
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and products
- Microsoft Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools.
- Good understanding of Analytical trends and solutions in use in the Nigerian Banking Industry
- Knowledge of the business environment
- Strong relationship and Analytical skills management
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A business mind-set
- Power Bi
- R (added advantage)
- Azure data bricks (added advantage)
- Azure data factory (added advantage)
- Azure synapse (added advantage)
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values.
- We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online