United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Financial Reporting
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting of bank and group financial performance and position as well as production of forward-looking financial statements, with transparent and adequate disclosures in line with IFRS and to implement the visions of financial control in UBA.
- Preparation of accounting entries into the GL for PPE transfers, disposals and additions.
- Drive timely submission of proofs of WIP accounts (including BP accounts), as well as their age analyses.
- Preparation of detailed disposal schedule for intangible assets to agree with the intangible assets movement schedule and register as well as the GL Quarterly preparation of movement schedules for list of other assets’ accounts and provision as assigned under proofs of accounts.
- Test other assets as assigned for impairment and where impaired, raise impairment entries.
- Daily variance analysis of all NEA-related P&L lines with a view to ensuring timely (i.e., daily/weekly) resolution of key findings and monthly generation of variance analysis reports.
- Work with a bank-approved consultant, coordinate the annual assessment exercise conducted by the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment leading to the issuance of a certificate of acceptance of capital expenditure to the Bank by the Industrial Inspectorate Department of the ministry.
- GL Maintenance:
- GL account creation
- GL account closure
- GL account restriction – PND, PNC, total freeze & systems-only
- Placeholder creation for product schemes
- GL modification
- GL account tach bashing
- GL sub-head creation
- Provide all required financial statements’ disclosures as they relate to NEA classes as assigned under proofs of accounts.
- First Degree in any field
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 3-5 years experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and a minimum of 3 years of experience in finance and cost management in the banking industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures
- Accounting principles
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment
- Bank policies and procedures
- Accounting policies and standards
- Microsoft Office skills (word, excel, outlook)
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationships.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online