PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000255
Job Type: Full time
Department: Sales / Commercial
Level: Grade 6
Responsible to: Area Sales Manager
Responsible for: Van Sales Representative / Open Market Sales Representative
- Work with the Distributor / Distributor sales team to deliver agreed business objectives within assigned territory.
- Must be able to influence, inspire and drive performance without having direct management responsibility for distributor staff
Context / Scope
- A key contributor to the success of the PZ Cussons commercial strategic plan with an effective and flexible field sales force; demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity.
- Achieve agreed business objectives/KPIs for the territory( Sell-out, Focus Brands, NPD listing, POP deployment, promotions etc.)
- Implement outlet coverage strategy in assigned territory, enlist and keep updated database of relevant outlets.
- Achieve sales drivers (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price/promotion) objectives for the territory.
- Manage and review the activities of the Secondary Sales Force in assigned territory
- Work with Area Sales Manager to develop Joint Business Plano of customers in assigned territory.
- Monitor and manage execution of all Promotional /launch/ agencies activities in assigned territory.
- Lead Market intelligence gathering and competitor activity monitoring and report timely.
Measurement / Performance Indicators:
- Target vs. Actual monthly / yearly performance (sell-out,e, KPIs
- Timely and quality of execution of trade and marketing Activities in assigned territory)
- Implementation of Territory Coverage Strategy
- Achievement of Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price / promotion targets.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Area Sales Manager
- Marketing/Sales/Channel/Supply Chain/Finance/HR team
- PZ Marketing & Sales network.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- First Degree in any discipline
- Computer Literacy.
Experiences: (What experience brings success to this role)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in marketing or sales, and over this period has successfully delivered on KPIs.
- Direct experience of PZ Cussons Way of selling capabilities with a focus on Sales Driver execution at the point of purchase (QDVP), Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships including structured call, persuasive selling and brand passion.
Knowledge: (What does the person need to know)
- Good knowledge of business objectives and priorities.
- Experienced driver with valid license
- Knowledge of Field Sales Management and Market Intelligence.
- PZ Cussons Leadership competencies.
Functional or Technical / Business Skills: (What can the holder do)
- Commercial Acumen – Emerging
- Customer Management – Emerging
- Negotiation Skills – Emerging
- In Market Execution – Emerging
- Selling Skills – Emerging
- Sales Drivers – Emerging
- Channel Strategy – Emerging
- Communication/Interpersonal skills – Developed
- IT Skills – Developed.
PZ Cussons Leadership Competencies Required
Required Behavioural Competences:
- Act Authentically by being open, welcoming and genuine
- Build Capability by pushing for opportunities to learn and grow towards achieving organisational objectives
- Challenge Convention – be courageous to challenge in the right way for the right reasons
- Deliver Fast and Smart by planning and organising activities to achieve defined goals
- Establish Connections internally and externally to better serve our customers and other stakeholders
- Focus to Win by demonstrating drive and resilience to achieving agreed objectives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Alignment to the BEST! Values are assumed to be critical to all PZC roles.
- All employees are also responsible for complying with their duties and responsibilities under both national legislation and Company policies regarding Health and Safety, Data Protection and Dignity at Work.