The Future of Privacy Scholarship, an annual essay contest hosted by VPN provider ExpressVPN, is open for entries. Through an annual essay competition, students delve into urgent issues of the digital age, with the chance to win cash prizes.
The winner of the 2022 scholarship will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a one-year ExpressVPN subscription. The scholarship also selects five runners-up, who will also receive a one-year ExpressVPN subscription.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): ExpressVPN
Scholarship Type: Merit Award
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
The ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the The ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Essays must be written in English.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate school or graduate school which can be located anywhere in the world.
- There is no age or citizenship requirement.
- Essays must be sent via email only, to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To be valid, the application email must include applicant’s name and current grade level. Also, the email must carry the name, address and contact details of applicant’s school.
- One entry per student. Multiple entries per student will be disregarded.
- The winner will be required to submit a valid ID and proof of enrolment in a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school.
- $5,000 USD award
- Winner will be featured on multiple communications platforms. This is a great resume-builder for a career in journalism, law, computer science, or any relevant field of study.
- Opportunity to become a leading voice in the growing debate over encryption, digital rights, internet privacy, and the fight against censorship.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship 2022 are to write an essay answering the Future of Privacy Scholarship prompt as follows: If you were writing the rules for the metaverse, how would you ensure it were free, open, and safe? Your essay should be 600 to 800 words long. Submission should be done by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2022