International students are invited to submit application for the Tongarewa Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand for the 2022/2023 academic session. The scholarship supports both master’s research, master’s by coursework, all postgraduate and first year international students.
Tongarewa scholarships celebrate the University’s commitment to international students enrolling for a study programme at the University. The scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Tuition Award
Host Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: Up to $10,000
Number of Awards: Up to 19
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
To be considered for the Tongarewa Scholarships in New Zealand, applicants are to meet the following conditions:
- Must be international students who are paying full international fees.
- Entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- Must have obtained relevant certifications required for admission into Victoria University of Wellington.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic potentials.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Tongarewa Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington are to complete an online application by the application deadline as late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- A personal statement of up to 500 words outlining why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington, your academic goals and why you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type.
- An offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional).
Application Deadline: 30 November 2022