Applications are invited from suitably qualified South African Students for the City of Cape Town External Bursaries 2023 to cover the cost of registration, examinations and class fees for their formal studies.
The City is calling on interested residents in Cape Town who are registered at accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external bursaries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): City of Cape Town
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): South African Institutions
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Also Apply: Illinois Wesleyan Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students 2022
City of Cape Town External Bursaries | DETAILS
The bursary aims at providing aspiring students with the means to further their studies within their chosen field. Each year, a group of ambitious and eager students who believe will make use of this opportunity and approach their studies and career ambitions with much enthusiasm and the intentional hard work required to pursue their dreams are selected. The bursaries also include capped allowances for study-aid, transport and meals. In some instances where a proven need exists, the City may also cover a capped residence allowance, funding permitting.
To be eligible for the City of Cape Town External Bursaries 2022/23 must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants need to be South African citizens residing within the boundaries of Cape Town.
- Applicants should possess their Grade 12 final / mid-year results with an average of 65% and above.
- Applicants need to provide a copy of first, second or third year academic transcripts
- Applicants need to be registered for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution and should be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study.
- Eligible Fields: Accounting (CA and Cost Management), Artisan Training, Auditing, Contract Management, Data Science/Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science), Economics, Engineering (Various fields, including Industrial Engineering), Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality), Fleet Management, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Heritage, Information Systems and Technology, Legal (Various fields), Nursing, Occupational Health & Safety, Project Management, Renewable Energy, Supply Chain Management, Technical Training/qualification in, Electricity/Energy/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process control and Operations, Transport Management, Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveying and Architecture, Municipal Finance Management Act Minimum Competence qualification, Public Accountability, Innovation.
Also Apply: Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program for International Students 2022 (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the City External Bursaries 2022/23 are to complete an online application form by the application deadline and provide all the required documents.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022