US Embassy – The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region. Ongoing Recruitment in Nigeria | Job Vacancies | Employment | Career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Manager
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-095
Series/Grade: FP – 0120 7
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years).
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required.
- Incumbent serves as the Office Manager for the Public Affairs Section (PAS) and special assistant to the Country Public Affairs Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja.
- S/he is the primary liaison with the Management Section of the Embassy, coordinates with Public Affairs Section administrative staff of Foreign Service Nationals and manages day-to-day administrative operations of the PAS Office.
- S/he also coordinates with USAID and other U.S. Mission Agencies to develop briefing documents for a broad audience.
- The incumbent also prepares memos, cables, and other documents as required.
- Additionally, s/he maintains PAS Calendar and scheduling of PAS conference room via SharePoint site.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion High School Diploma is required.
- One year experience in office management is require.
- Knowledge of political, economic, and social structure of the country, as well as familiarity with public diplomacy objectives, techniques and programs is required.
- Understanding of U.S foreign policy, U.S.-Nigeria relations and Mission Strategic Performance (MSP) goals and objectives is required.
Also Apply: Renmoney Recruitment, Job Vacancies
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace that involves interaction with the general public is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in language listed.
- Level IV (Fluent) speaking / reading / writing English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 38,894 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Recruitment, Job Vacancies
- Egbin Power Plc Recruitment, Jobs Vacancies
- Daystar Power Recruitment, Job Vacancies
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold an non-sensitive clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High school diploma Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.